Thursday 9 July 2015

IN THE JOURNAL OF MRS. THOMPSON(4)

21/04/1988
Dear Diary,

I know I have abandoned you. I’m sorry for that. You have been my confidant and I feel sad that I didn’t do well by you. You are the only one to whom I can describe exactly how I feel. You are even closer to me than my husband Kwesi. I am sorry for not letting you in on what is happening in my world. I promise to confide in you more than ever from now onwards.

I am back from daddy’s funeral. I must say his burial was a sad one. Mummy couldn’t control her tears. You should have seen Auntie Aya, daddy’s younger sister. She wouldn’t even allow the pallbearers to put daddy’s coffin in the car when he was being taken to the cemetery. But diary, the world is funny o. This woman who was weeping as if her world had come to a halt was the same person who drank and danced during the thanksgiving service till she couldn’t move anymore. Uncle Tony later found her sleeping on the septic tank behind the house. Hmm, this woman can drink!

Anyways, I believe you know I’m pregnant now and I can’t wait to be a mother soon. Kwesi and I have decided to call our baby Michella if she’s a girl or Micheal, if a boy. I have a strong feeling that I’ll give birth to a girl but Kwesi insists that we’re having a boy. Well, we’ll know the gender of the baby soon. But truth be told, I feel tired and sick. I now can’t stand Kwesi’s favourite perfume. I eat like a refugee and sleep like a log. I’m not happy, diary. I feel I’m bloating. My nose is growing bigger as the days go by and as for my feet, I cannot describe. I felt really sad when Kwesi told me last week that I remind him of a glutton in his hometown anytime I eat. It was meant to be a joke but I didn’t take it lightly at all. My Kwesi jokes a lot but I felt this one was a direct attack. Well, that is about the hormonal changes I’m going through now. I’m sure I will be fine. It’s only for a time.

Lest I forget! Kwesi has finally decided to let my half sister live with us. Aba is a very nice lady and even though her mother doesn’t get on well with us, she manages to relate with all of daddy’s children. I think I like her. She will be helpful in the house too especially now that I’m expecting a baby. I can now sleep in peace and not think of waking up at 5:00am to wash Kwesi’s heavy jeans. I intend talking to her before she finally moves in. She has to know her”do’s and don’ts” in this house and what I expect of her.  I have decided to pay her school fees and Kwesi has also decided to help. God bless my husband, he is such a sweet man.

 About my “dearest” in-law. She struck again o, my dear diary. Hmm, but this time she wasn’t lucky. I came home last Tuesday from work only to meet this old woman at my gate with a suitcase. I asked her what was in the bag and this woman had the guts to tell me that she had a dream that I wasn’t feeding her son well so she was coming to stay with us and cook for him. Diary, I think my in-law is suffering from some sickness I cannot describe. Well, I opened the door for her to enter and without asking where she can put her stuff, this old woman immediately opened the guest room and entered. I served her rice and stew which she greedily ate and shamelessly asked for more after complaining that there was too much pepper in the stew. I didn’t utter a word. I was waiting patiently for my Kwesi to come. Finally, at 7:45pm, my baby dropped home! You should have seen how the drama unfolded in this house. Hahaha. Kwesi kicked his mother out of the house and threatened to call the police if she ever stepped in this house uninvited. I thought that was harsh but deep inside me I felt she had been best served what she deserved. She said she’ll will report  Kwesi to their 'abusuapanyin'. Let’s see how that goes.

I think Kwesi is in now, I can hear the sound of the horn of his car. Let me hide you before he finds out about us. Love always, and know I’m back for good.  Friends forever.xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment