Thursday 9 July 2015

The Trauma in Making Decisions

I never knew growing up was such a stretchy, demanding and a rough journey. There was a time in my life when I couldn't wait to be on my own and live the life I ever wanted.  A time came when i wished I were a successful young lady who spent vacations on islands and all but if I was told about the hurdles of growing up, I think I would have relaxed and wouldn't have lifted my hopes that high.
Now there are decisions to make and I'm scared to make mistakes. In fact, i don't ever want to have to write about my deepest regret one day.  I keep praying to God about choices to make because chale it looks like  there are many avenues and I don't know which way to go.

I bet I'm not the only one going through this,sometimes we feel like there should be that one person who should  tell us where to go and what to do and success can be assured. Really, I'm tired of pretending like I know what to do every time, I'm tired of acting like I know where to go  and how to get there. I get so frustrated and depressed sometimes  especially when it comes to making the right choices in life. In fact, I wish God would come from above and hold my hand and  send me to places I need to be and show me what I  need to do. Yes, that is my wish! But for now I need to hear Him and follow His path but......

In times like this I rest upon God's promises especially  His promise to give me a hope and a future. It's a bit scary to think of the future sometimes but I know because He lives i can face tomorrow.

I don't know what decision you have to make at this moment but I'll tell you something; follow your heart because you can never go wrong when God is there. Yes,, pressures may come from every side but  don't you ever worry because you know who you have in your heart and He can never go wrong! 

I made a promise this year to cling to the "old rugged cross" and to fix my eyes on Jesus.We may be scared to make the wrong decisions but let us always remember that with Jesus in our hearts and our eyes fixed on Hiim, He will direct us and help us live the fulfilled life He brought us here to enjoy.

No more depression, non more sadness, no more anxiety in decision making when we cling on to that man of Calvary! -Ezaneaya

No comments:

Post a Comment